The Stamp Review Crew - Lighthearted Leaves

Welcome to the Lighthearted Leaves Stamp Review Blog Hop.  We are a group of international Stampin' Up! demonstrators that showcase a different stamp set every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month.  One stamp set ... so many ideas!

I've been looking forward to inking up Lighthearted Leaves.  Would you believe this set wasn't originally on my wish list?  However, many beautiful project samples found on Pinterest inspired me to add it to my stash and I'm so glad I did.

If you get lost along the hop, just click on the banner below to see the order of participants for this round -

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/11/stamp-review-crew-lighthearted-leaves.html


 Lighthearted Leaves Photopolymer Stamp Set


 139712 - Price: $45.00 (AUD)


I have three project samples to share with you today.  The first is a Scallop Circle Flip Card and I followed a photo tutorial by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek from Song of My Heart Stampers.  Thanks, Lyssa for sharing such a fun fold.


 1.  Scallop Circle Flip Card

      
I punched out three parts of the Owl Builder Punch from three different stamped leaves, coloured them in using a variety of SU Markers and the finished owl became the central focus for my card.   If you look closely you will see other leaves stamped onto the circular layers and the flip layer has been embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and sponged with Crumb Cake Ink.

  
Main Colour Combo - Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Mossy Meadow
SU Marker Colours - Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Mossy Meadow

  

Check out the Mechanics of this Scallop Circle Flip Card -




The second project is a very simple bookmark made from two layers of the maple leaf stamp, with the top layer partially cut out to form the top 'hinge'.


 2.  Bookmark

Tear and Tape Adhesive was attached to the inside top section so the bookmarked page can slip between the two layers.

  
SU Marker Colours - Blackberry Bliss, Tip Top Taupe and Delightful Dijon




Lastly, I have a little wedding place card; alternatively it could be used as a note card.  The image was stamped with Versa Mark Ink and heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.


 3.  Place Card


  
Two butterflies were die cut from Gold Glimmer Paper, cut in half and the right wings were adhered to both sides of the card. This prevents you seeing the white backing of the card stock and allows the gold glittery wings to feature.


I hope you're enjoying the SRC Blog Hop.

Up next is Nikki Spencer -
http://nikkispencer-mysandbox.blogspot.com/2015/11/stamp-review-crewlighthearted-leaves.html
... or back to Rochelle Blok
http://rochelleblok.blogspot.com/2015/11/the-stamp-review-crew-lighthearted.html


Thanks for hopping by,


Comments

Linda Callahan said…
Your creations are amazing! Love that owl on the amazing fancy fold card! So creative! The bookmark is very clever and the butterfly on the leaf makes a very charming place card!
Dawn Tidd said…

That's a trio of super clever projects, Bronwyn! I'm definitely checking out that owl card. Love how you carried the leaf stamps throughout. The bookmark is a great idea and perfect to tuck in a card or gift. Amazing, as always!
Yapha Mason said…
Wow, Bronwyn, these are incredible! Your owl is absolutely amazing! And that bookmark is so clever! What a fabulous use of this set!
Jess said…
How do you come up with these brilliant ideas time after time??? I LOVE that little owl so much! And a leaf bookmark? Genius! x
Rochelle Blok said…
Just amazing Bronwyn! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! The owl card is so clever! The book mark is awesome and the place card is stunning! You have blown it out of the park this week!
Unknown said…
Beautiful! You have spoiled us with 3 lovely creations! I love the bookmark and place card holder. I automatically think "card" when I start creating and tend to forget about other paper ideas.
Mike said…
So many great ideas, Bronwyn. But the flip card is my favorite...Especially with your color palette. So clever!
Nikki Spencer said…
Gobsmacked!...Three fab projects Bron, all cute and creative. Your owl is just inspired, absolutely love that idea! xx
Diane McVey said…
Please submit this to Stampin' Up and see if they will make a stamp like this!!!! I am serious. It could be one of the ten dollar single stamps!!! Gorgeous!!!
Tanya Boser said…
Oh my goodness, what goodness! These are all such beautiful works of art! I can't wait to try them all :)
Two lovely creations. I particularly like the bookmark. Judy x
Sue Plote said…
WOW! I don't know where to start...but since I have to, I'll say that I LOVE everything. The way you've used the stamps on the owl and the flip card...FABULOUS. Also, the leave place card is genius! Super job!
Anonymous said…
WOW just WOW lol I love that owl it is stinkin cute!! Bookmark idea is genius and the place card so very pretty!