Spring Planter Box Card

Hi there and welcome to addINKtive designs. Today I have a Planter Box Card to share with you.  After a bit of a craft 'slump' three challenges finally got me motivated and back into my craft room ... so a big thank you to all the DT members for their inspiration.

This card is similar to the one that I made for mum for Mother's Day but I changed the measurements slightly so it's a little shorter and have included a mini tutorial at the end of this post if you would like to make one too.



1.  Colour Challenge - Global Design Project #005

 
The colour challenge at the Global Design Project is just perfect for spring and I really, really love the combo!  I have included some Kraft Card Stock as a neutral for the construction of the planter box.


 2.  SUO Challenge - #132 Punch It Up

   
The second challenge that I have entered is at SU Only where the theme is to feature PUNCHES.  Here's my list of Stampin' Up! punches that I have used for my Spring Planter Box Card -
  • Pansy
  • Petite Petals
  • Bird Builder (Leaves)
  • Washi Label



3.  Theme Challenge - #17 Stamp Ink Paper - Floral

I'm excited to finally join in with a challenge at Stamp Ink Paper where the theme is FLORAL!

 


Mini Tutorial

 
1.  Cut two pieces of Kraft Card Stock, 2-1/2" x 6" (Score at 3") and four pieces, 3-1/2" x 1" (Score at 1/2" on the short side) and stamp the Harwood Stamp onto each piece with Crumb Cake Ink.
 
2.   Attach the legs to each corner of the base with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
3.  Cut three card inserts measuring 2"x 4" and score 1/2" from each end of the longer sides to make the flaps that secure to the inside sides of the planter box.
4.  Attach the punched flowers, leaves and other embellishments to the inserts with foam dots (Stampin' Dimensionals) and Multi-purpose Liquid Glue.
 
5.  The card will fold flat to fit inside a custom made envelope.  However, I've decided not to give this one away and use it to brighten up the desk in my office instead.


Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

Melodie said…
Wow! Beautiful! What a clever idea!
Kylie Bertucci said…
That's amazing Bronwyn! Thank you for the tutorial what a sweet gift to give a friend. Love that you are keeping it though. lol Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Look forward to seeing you play along with us again.
Paula Dobson said…
Are you kidding? Can gorgeous be cute too?? I think it can, and it is on this card, Bron. You are so generous to share how you created the planter box. I might just have to teach this to my stamp club next year! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week ♥
Thank-you so much that you were willing to share your idea so others can give it a try. That is so generous of you. Angexxoo
Unknown said…
Beautiful, just beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper. I see this in my future..... perhaps cheering up my desk..... :)
Julie Gearinger said…
Oh my- this is fantastic!! You are the Queen of 3-D projects and this is no exception- love the colors, the use of all of the punches and your fabulous flower/planter box tutorial!! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges- hugs!!
Brian King said…
Bronwyn, This project is unbelievably wonderful! So much detail went into making this gorgeous planter - how lucky the recipient is! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project sketch challenge.
Anonymous said…
Bron, this is AMAZING! It's so perfect. My favourite part is the gloves hanging over the side of the planter box. So cute. Thanks for sharing the instructions and for joining in with the Global Design Project this week!
Jess <3
Love your planter box design Bron.... so happy you could join us with your wonderful and colourful floral creation. Its a real wow. Thanks for playing along at Stamp Ink Paper this week. Carolyn xx
Your card is amazing!!! I love your version of the card in the box! Thank you so much for showing us how you made it!! I wish it was still spring!!! Can't wait to see you again on Syamp, Ink, Paper
Connie Collins said…
WOW! Bronwyn, this is absolutely amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.
WOW!! This is beautiful! Absolutely love it! Am going to have to try one myself. So glad you added the tutorial. Awesome card! Paula
Julia said…
Gorgeous as always Bronwyn. Thank you for sharing your tutorial and creativity. So glad you joined inthe challenge at SUO
Julia said…
This is gorgeous Bronwyn. Thank you for sharing your tutorial and creativity. So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO
Connie Babbert said…
Wow, Bronwyn...thanks for doing a tutorial. This is a GORGEOUS card...love all the details and punching! Thanks for playing along with the punch art SUO Challenge this time!
Unknown said…
WOW! is all I can say with my mouth open in awe of your GORGEOUS flower box! Bronwyn, I think everyone feels the same way. Thank you somuch for joining us down at the SIP #17!
Bibi Cameron said…
WOWED!!! what a beautiful, amazing paper craft project. A lot of detail and work. love i!
Unknown said…
This card is ridiculously awesome!Thanks for the tutorial