Pinterest has got my Interest

The idea for this project came from a card created by Lucy Abrams which you can see HERE. Isn't it stunning? It uses the negative part of the die cut with patterned paper behind it (I have heard some refer to this technique as 'reverse appliqué'). The shapes on a few examples that I have seen go off the edge for added effect.

I decided to use some new patterned paper and the Sizzix Bird Set #2 for my 'tweet' little card.

As the title suggests, the inspiration for this technique came through Pinterest. I love that site because it actually cuts down your blog surfing time. If you want an invite in, send me your email address and then you can see for yourself what all the fuss is about.

However, it can cause this condition if you're not careful -


Happy 'pinning',

Comments

Paula Dobson said…
I have been suffering from "Pinsomnia" lately! It is such a fabulous resource!! I saw this gorgeous card too and loved the idea. I think your's is just as gorgeous Bron. Have a wonderful and safe Christmas, my friend!
Mae's Cachet said…
Please invite me as I want to see what all the fuss is about and if it can cut down my blog surfing, great! I can't have too many addictions I don't think with a mental health nurse as a husband!