Just Add Sympathy

Just Add Ink Challenge #35 - Just Add Sympathy

This week at Just Add Ink, the challenge is to make a Sympathy Card/Project. It's certainly not a 'fun' thing to do but the satisfaction comes from being able to pass on a little comfort to someone who is grieving the loss of a loved one.

I must admit I never usually make Sympathy Cards in advance as I usually make one especially for the recipient. However, I rose to the challenge in more ways than one.

The other challenge for me involved using the brayer - a little piece of equipment that hadn't seen daylight for awhile. However, I was highly motivated after Rochelle's Workshop Wow to brayer the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and run it through the Big shot for a fabulous background effect. I used Night of Navy Ink on Sahara Sand Cardstock.

Then I took Delys' advice on her tutorial and started brayering the background for the stamped image, starting on the scratch paper - good tip! It wasn't the greatest of efforts but I was pretty happy with how it all came together.



I love the new stuff! Check out the cute 2mm Basic Pearls. They can be found on page 140 of the new Australian/NZ Idea Book and Catalogue.


I hope you're able to get some crafting time this week and join in the latest challenge. Be sure to check out the other DT members' work as there's some truly inspirational projects this week.

As this post goes live, I'll be enjoying the last few days of my time in Bali. I've been spending time with some children in a couple of the orphanages that the church I attend, help support. I hope to be back next week with some photos to share and 'rescue' my family from the endless domestic chores (Mmmm, they'll have a new appreciation of what mum does for sure).



Project Recipe for 'Just Add Sympathy':

Stamp Sets: Thoughts & Prayers, Baroque Motifs, Autumn Days
Ink: Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand
Cardstock: Glossy White, Sahara Sand, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Basic Pearls, Lots of Tags Sizzlit Die, Brayer, Crimper, Dimensionals, Big Shot


Thanks for stopping by,

Comments

Rachel said…
Looks stunning. I should you my brayer, it's getting very dusty.
Rach:)
Leonie said…
Wow, this is gorgeous
Unknown said…
This is just gorgeous!
What a stunning colour combo ... and perfect for this challenge. I so hope I find the time to play along before the deadline passes! Hugs Andrea xxx PS Great job with the brayering! xxaxx
Did my comment get through? Feel free to delete this one ... I was just testing! GRIN! Hugs xxaxx
Judy May said…
Love the richness of the brayered background colours Bronwyn. Hope you are having a fab time in Bali!
Marisa said…
Beautiful mix of stamps! Love the addition of the Baroque flourish in the BG and your moon is fabulous as is the embossed panel. Lovely card.