Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #49

Bird in Bella Bleu


This is one of the challenges that I really wanted to make time for this week as I haven't entered a Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for a while. The idea for this one has been rattling around in my head for the last 2 days so I got up early this morning and finally put it all on paper!




The DSP I used is from Stampin' Up and it's called, 'Bella Bleu'. It's one of my favourites. I chose it because I wanted to make a ruffled flower for the embellishment in the top left hand corner. I got the idea of putting a Build-a-Brad in the centre from the latest Australian Cardmaking Stamping & Papercraft Magazine.

The flowers have been punched out using all of the SU Circle Punches, scrunched, distressed and then sponged with Not Quite Navy Ink.

I have used Kraft cardstock and NQN textured cardstock to match the DSP.

I love using Stampin' Dimensionals on practically all my cards and I have put an edge strip along the back of the lacy border, as well as behind all the other panels to give it more dimension. The 'for you' sentiment is from 'Fresh Cuts' (SU) and the bird stamp is one I had purchased from a craft shop ages ago and it got inked up for the first time today!

I love how it turned out. It has a real 'Vintage' feel to it. The sketch was really fun to play around with. Thanks, Karen.


SSSC #49


Comments

Danielle Daws said…
Ohhh, I LOVE the ruffled flower! It's gorgeous! Might try that in Parisian Breeze...

Another gorgeous card!!
Karen Giron said…
What a gorgeous card! I love the flower with the brad and the border punch is darling!
Tania Gould said…
Ooooooo.....I do love this one!!!!! Gonna steal that flower idea!