Mojo Monday Sketch 117 - A Card for Baby K

A Card for Baby K

I have followed the Mojo Monday site for quite a while and love their sketches, but had not got around to entering into the fun until now!

Here's a card I made for the staff at school to sign. It's for our surfie Chaplain, Dave and his lovely wife, Suzie, who are expecting their first child just after Christmas.

To begin with, I wanted to use my So Saffron ribbon from the Ribbon Bundle promotion that SU ran a couple of months back, as I thought it would look cute on a gender neutral baby card. I then looked at the Color Coach and went from there.


Mojo Monday helped me with the sketch and it was plain sailing from then on! Once the colour and layout has been worked out, it's much easier to find the stamp set/s that you want to use.


I've heard a few people say to me lately that they can never seem to come up with ideas on how to make a card that they haven't CASED (copied and shared). I can recommend having a go at some of the challenges offered on-line as it really gets you thinking outside of the square and the Color Coach is also a great resource to own. I would never have thought of putting those colours together, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. My daughter said to me the other day, "If you're doing what you love at least one person is pleased". So true!

Here's the Project Recipe for - 'A Card for Baby K' -
Stamp Sets: Fun & Fast Notes, All in the Family and Best Yet (L1 Hostess)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Almost Amethyst, Close to Cocoa (All textured), Blush Blossom and Bordering Blue.
Ink: Close to Cocoa and Basic Black
Accessories: Half back pearl from the Pretties Kit, So Saffron Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Punch and Die cuts for the circles.

Until next time ...
Bron

Comments

What an adorable baby card. And the color scheme is really terrific. I have one of those color wheels but haven't used it in ages.
Leonie said…
Awesome card, so very, very cute!
Sue Lelli said…
JUST ADORABLE! The little baby's head peeking out just made me smile! FAB baby card!