Inkspirations Sketch #17 - Sharing in Your Sorrow

Sharing in Your Sorrow


Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #17

A good friend of ours recently lost her sister. Our prayers and sympathy go out to Jen, Dave, Alice and Josie during this sad and difficult time. As the sentiment on the card says, we are "Sharing in Your Sorrow". Ros was a special lady, full of fun and laughter, despite her constant battle with ill health. She will be sadly missed by those that knew and loved her.

Seeing that I needed to make a sympathy card, I thought I'd use it for Keesh's last challenge for the year. I didn't think I'd get a chance to enter as it has been a busy last week at school with getting ready for Presentation Night, finishing reports, submitting photos and written work for the school magazine and excursions to Green's Beach and the Launceston Zoo. I also had my Nan's funeral in Smithton on Monday and am currently the Guest Designer for a Canadian Blog (Card Patterns) so it has been a 'full on' week. I'll be able to breathe again soon before I start getting ready for a family Christmas get together at our place!! ... and then ... there's New Year's Eve!

Here's the Project Recipe for 'Sharing in Your Sorrow' -
Stamp Sets: Inspired by Nature, Thoughts and Prayers
Cardstock: Cream embossed (non-SU), Not Quite Navy Textured and Very Vanilla
Ink: NQN, Versa Mark
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat and Template, Filigree Brads, NQN Brads from Earth Elements, Stampin' Dimensionals, Bella Bleu and Urban Garden DSP
Technique: Heat Embossing

Thanks for stopping by, Bron.

Comments

Danielle Daws said…
Bron, this is a beautiful card. Very elegant and thoughtful. :-)

Congratulations on your guest designer spot! I'm off to Card Patterns to check it out...
Leonie said…
A beautiful card, I love all the texture
Byl Family... said…
WOW you most certainly are busy, and for having not much time, you have whipped up a beauty! Whilst it is never fun to make a sympathy card, your creation is just stunning! Thanks so much for playing, and i hope we get to see more in 2010! Love Keesh x